Inspired by professionals and designed for connoisseurs, KRUPS products have been built with three key attributes in mind: Passion, Precision and Perfection. The KRUPS KM700552 Grind and Brew coffee maker embodies the mastery of the key components to the perfect cup of coffee: the grind, the coffee-to-water ratio, the brew temperature and contact time. Featuring a conical steel burr grinder recognized by coffee connoisseurs as the best method of preparing whole beans and 5 grind levels to allow adjustments from fine to coarse, the KRUPS Grind and Brew coffee maker takes the most out of coffee beans to deliver a full-bodied coffee. Its 3 levels of coffee strength: mild, medium and strong along with the aroma function for more intense extraction and the number of cups selection ensures a complete control on the brewing process. Control and convenience are at the heart of the KRUPS KM700552 Grind and Brew coffee machine. Programmable, the KRUPS coffee maker can be set to automatically brew, the warming plate then maintains the temperature in the carafe for up to 2 hours after which the machine shuts off automatically for safety and convenience. And for these who are in a hurry the pause and serve feature enables you to remove the carafe during the brew cycle and pour an early cup. With the KRUPS KM700552 Grind and Brew coffee machine prepare from 2 to 10-cups of intense coffee every morning for a unique experience each and every time.
Coffee is very weak:
- Use more ground coffee (see “The ratio” page 9)
* when using the grinder :
. use medium or strong strength setting
. be sure the ground coffee supply channel is full before grinding and brewing
- Try a darker roast bean.
Coffee brews too slowly (more than 10 minutes):
- Descale the machine (see “Descaling” page 13)
- Clean the brew basket and drip stop valve of coffee residue.
Also clean the permanent filter if applicable.
- Check that there are no issues with the power supply.
- Use a different quality coffee paper.
- Check that any coffee bean is not clogging the tank bottom.
Brew basket will not swivel closed:
- The filter holder must sit down into the brew basket, and the handle click into place.
- Use the handle to seat the filter holder then fold the handle down and press until it locks into place.
Problems with programming the Auto-on or the clock:
- Turn the machine off and unplug it from the power source.
Wait 1 minute and reconnect.
This can allow the electronics to reinitialize to factory settings.
The stop-drip does not work:
- Clean the valve under running water, manually activating the stop-drip.
The coffee-grinder is excessively noisy (non-coffee objects in the grinding mechanism):
- Make sure there is no stone, wood, etc. that may have been introduced through your supply of coffee-beans.
- Check if, during following preparations, the noise persist.
- Contact the Krups Service Center.
The grinder is obstructed
- Make sure there is no stone, wood, etc. that may have been
introduced through your supply of coffee-beans.
- Don’t use caramelized or treated with additives sugar based, coffee
- Don’t use too oily coffee beans.
- Revolutionary programmable coffee machine with conical built-in steel burr grinder
- 5 levels of grind; 3 coffee strength settings (mild, medium, strong); aroma function for more intense extraction
- 2,4,6,8 or 10-cup digital settings that control the coffee-water ratio
- Pause and serve feature lets you remove carafe at any time to serve; keep warm function keeps coffee hot for 2 hours
- Auto shut off; DuoFilter water filtration system; 950 watts; 2 year worldwide warranty